Have you bored with initial Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS? Want to have experience Jelly Bean 4.3 latest OS ? So are you searching for Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 Jelly Bean 4.3 update ? If all of the above questions having answer Yes, then you are at very right place. Here you find simple instructions for Updating Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 to Jelly Bean 4.3.
Sibling of Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110, named Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE GT-N5120 recently got Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Official update. But unfortunately Samsung hasn’t release any official update for Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110. But here is a good news CyanogenMod, a developer group, recently released CM10.2 version for Jelly Bean 4.3. Its a custom ROM update for Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110. All the blah blah blah things have been finished, and now lets move to action.
Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110
Warning: “Please make sure that your device model number is Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110. Don’t try this on other model of phones it may brick your device. The following upgrade steps are taken from the XDA Developers forum. Although, we would like to suggest upgrade your device at your own risk .There is no responsibility of author or site in case of any bricking device.”
There are two easy and understandable parts of upgrade steps as given below:
Part One (Pre-Requisites Steps of Upgrade)
Part Two (Final Steps of Upgrade)
Please follow the step by step instruction for a successful upgrade.
Part One -(Pre-Requisites Steps of Upgrade for Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110)
First of all take backup of Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 by using the given instruction,So that if you lost any data then it can be recover easily
- Copy All the Audio,Video and Image files in the External SD card.
- For Contact and Setting please follow the users default backup options.
- For SMS & Call Log- Use Call log Entries,SMS,MMS Backup and Restore App.
- Please follow the path for APN and MMS setting “Application>Setting>Wireless and Network> Mobile Network>Access Point Names“.
Must Check the following Steps-
- To save IMEI and other important data take backup of EFS folder.
- Your device must have at-least 65% battery because it may brick your device if turned off in during of final steps of upgrade.
- Important step-Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110. (follow the options Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging)
- Now your Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 is ready to upgrade with CM10.2 Jellybean 4.3 Custom ROM.
Download the following
1.[Firmware Download] CM10.2 Jellybean 4.3 Custom ROM.
2. [Google Apps download] Google Apps on your Laptop/PC.
Part Two- (Final Steps of Upgrade for Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110)
- Download the above file into PC and Please don’t extract.
- Now copy both firmware and google apps into SD card of your Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110.
- Now turn off your Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110.
- Now restart your Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 in debugging mode (by Using Volume Down Key and Home Key together while switching on use Power button ).
- Now it will give a warning, Press Volume Down to enter debugging mode.
- When your Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 in recovery please select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Then return to the main menu and select “Install Zip from SD card” and choose zip file from SD card.
- Now upload the file and apply installation.
- When installation get over do same for google apps.
- wait till process complete of google apps.
- now return back to recovery menu and reboot system now.
- Updation process is completed.
- Please try again if you stuck at boot options.
With all the above steps, Your Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 successfully upgraded with CM10.2 Jellybean 4.3 Custom ROM. Now happy and enjoy your Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 with more efficiency and enhanced performance.If you face any issue during upgradation feel free to write comment below.
Related Posts via Taxonomies