Galaxy S2 I9100 users can now update their device with Jellybean 4.2.2 Parandroid Firmware. This firmware one of the most featured and colourful firmware. Please make sure that this is not a official update by Samsung, this is customized firmware based on android 4.2 firmware. This firmware comes with many bug fixes and better performance. So if you are interested then follow the given steps and enjoy your Galaxy S2 I9100 with Jellybean 4.2.2 Parandriod firmware.
Warning: “Please make sure that your device model number is Galaxy S2 I9100. Don’t try this on other model of phones it may brick your device. The following upgrade steps are taken from the XDA Developers forum. Although, we would like to suggest upgrade your device at your own risk .There is no responsibility of author or site in case of any bricking device.”
There are two easy and understandable parts of upgrade steps as given below:
Part One (Pre-Requisites Steps of Upgrade)
Part Two (Final Steps of Upgrade)
Please follow the step by step instruction for a successful upgrade.
Part One -(Pre-Requisites Steps of Upgrade for Galaxy S2 I9100)
First of all take backup of Galaxy S2 I9100 by using the given instruction,So that if you lost any data then it can be recover easily
- Copy All the Audio,Video and Image files in the External SD card.
- For Contact and Setting please follow the users default backup options.
- For SMS & Call Log- Use Call log Entries,SMS,MMS Backup and Restore App.
- Please follow the path for APN and MMS setting “Application>Setting>Wireless and Network> Mobile Network>Access Point Names“.
Must Check the following Steps-
- To save IMEI and other important data take backup of EFS folder.
- Your device must have at-least 65% battery because it may brick your device if turned off in during of final steps of upgrade.
- Important step-Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy S2 I9100. (follow the options Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging)
- Now your Galaxy S2 I9100 is ready to upgrade with Jellybean 4.2.2 Parandroid Firmware.
Download the following
1.[Firmware Download] Jellybean 4.2.2 Parandroid Firmware.
2. [Google Apps download] Google Apps on your Laptop/PC.
Part Two- (Final Steps of Upgrade for Galaxy S2 I9100)
- Download the above file into PC and Please don’t extract.
- Now copy both firmware and google apps into SD card of your Galaxy S2 I9100.
- Now turn off your Galaxy S2 I9100 .
- Now restart your Galaxy S2 I9100 in debugging mode (by Using Volume Down Key and Home Key together while switching on use Power button ).
- Now it will give a warning, Press Volume Down to enter debugging mode.
- When your Galaxy S2 I9100 in recovery please select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition“.
- Then return to the main menu and select “Install Zip from SD card” and choose firmware zip file from SD card.
- Now upload the file and apply installation.
- When installation get over do same for google apps.
- Wait till process complete of google apps.
- Now return back to recovery menu and reboot Galaxy S2 I9100 now.
- Updation process is completed.
With all the above steps, Your Galaxy S2 I9100 successfully updated with Jellybean 4.2.2 Parandroid Firmware. Now enjoy your Galaxy S2 I9100 with more efficiency and high performance.If you face any issue during upgradation feel free to drop comment below.
Related Posts via Taxonomies