Galaxy S3 I9300 users can now update their device with CM10.2 Jellybean 4.3 Custom ROM. Everyone knows that Google already announced jellybean 4.3 official update for Nexus users. So don’t worry we are here to give you custom update for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 users. CM10.2 is also comes with new customized features and many new changes. CyanogenMod team already released many successful firmware. So if you are really interested to update your Galaxy S3 I9300 then follow the given steps and enjoy with CM10.2 jellybean 4.3 custom update.
Warning: “Please make sure that your device model number is Galaxy S3 I9300. Don’t try this on other model of phones it may brick your device. The following upgrade steps are taken from the XDA Developers forum. Although, we would like to suggest upgrade your device at your own risk .There is no responsibility of author or site in case of any bricking device.”
There are two easy and understandable parts of upgrade steps as given below:
Part One (Pre-Requisites Steps of Upgrade)
Part Two (Final Steps of Upgrade)
Please follow the step by step instruction for a successful upgrade.
Part One -(Pre-Requisites Steps of Upgrade for Galaxy S3 I9300)
First of all take backup of Galaxy S3 I9300 by using the given instruction,So that if you lost any data then it can be recover easily
- Copy All the Audio,Video and Image files in the External SD card.
- For Contact and Setting please follow the users default backup options.
- For SMS & Call Log- Use Call log Entries,SMS,MMS Backup and Restore App.
- Please follow the path for APN and MMS setting “Application>Setting>Wireless and Network> Mobile Network>Access Point Names“.
Must Check the following Steps-
- To save IMEI and other important data take backup of EFS folder.
- Your device must have at-least 65% battery because it may brick your device if turned off in during of final steps of upgrade.
- Important step-Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy S3 I9300. (follow the options Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging)
- Now your Galaxy S3 I9300 is ready to upgrade with CM10.2 Jellybean 4.3 Custom ROM.
Download the following
1.[Firmware Download] CM10.2 Jellybean 4.3 Custom ROM.
2. [Google Apps download] Google Apps on your Laptop/PC.
Part Two- (Final Steps of Upgrade for Galaxy S3 I9300)
- Download the above file into PC and Please don’t extract.
- Now copy both firmware and google apps into SD card of your Galaxy S3 I9300.
- Now turn off your Galaxy S3 I9300 .
- Now restart your Galaxy S3 I9300 in debugging mode (by Using Volume Down Key and Home Key together while switching on use Power button ).
- Now it will give a warning, Press Volume Down to enter debugging mode.
- When your Galaxy S3 I9300 in recovery please select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Then return to the main menu and select “Install Zip from SD card” and choose zip file from SD card.
- Now upload the file and apply installation.
- When installation get over do same for google apps.
- wait till process complete of google apps.
- now return back to recovery menu and reboot system now.
- Updation process is completed.
- Please try again if you stuck at boot options.
With all the above steps, Your Galaxy S3 I9300 successfully upgraded with CM10.2 Jellybean 4.3 Custom ROM. Now enjoy your Galaxy S3 I9300 with more efficiency and high performance.If you face any issue during upgradation feel free to drop comment below.
Related Posts via Taxonomies