Galaxy Star S5280 users can now update their device with XXAMF1 Jellybean 4.1.2 Official Firmware. Galaxy recently released low budget smart phone know as Galaxy Star S5280. Samsung announce latest XXAMF1 Jellybean 4.1.2 Official Firmware in selected countries. This firmware may be available in KIES option if not then follow the manaul process which is given below. This firmware comes with bug fixes and high performance. So update your Galaxy Star S5280 with XXAMF1 Jellybean 4.1.2 Official Firmware.
Warning: “Please make sure that your device model number is Galaxy Star S5280. Don’t try this on other model of phones it may brick your device. The following update steps are taken from the XDA Developers forum. Although, we would like to suggest update your device at your own risk .There is no responsibility of author or site in case of any bricking device.”
There are two easy and understandable parts of update steps as given below:
Part One (Pre-Requisites Steps of update)
Part Two (Final Steps of update)
Please follow the step by step instruction for a successful update.
Part One -(Pre-Requisites Steps of update for Galaxy Star S5280)
First of all take backup of Galaxy Star S5280 by using the given instruction,So that if you lost any data then it can be recover easily
- Copy All the Audio,Video and Image files in the External SD card.
- For Contact and Setting please follow the users default backup options.
- For SMS & Call Log- Use Call log Entries,SMS Backup,MMS Backup and Restore App.
- Please follow the path for APN and MMS setting “Application>Setting>Wireless and Network> Mobile Network>Access Point Names“.
Must Check the following Steps-
- To save IMEI and other important data take backup of EFS folder.
- Your device must have at-least 65% battery because it may brick your device if turned off in during of final steps of update.
- Important step-Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy Star S5280. (follow the options Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging)
- Now your Galaxy Star S5280 is ready to update with XXAMF1 Jellybean 4.1.2 Official Firmware.
- USB Driver download if needed.
Download the following
1.[Firmware Download] XXAMF1 Jellybean 4.1.2 Official Firmware.
2. [ODIN download] Odin 3.07 on your Laptop/PC.
Part Two- (Final Steps of update for Galaxy Star S5280)
- First of all extract the firmware zip file in your PC, you will get .tar.md5 extension.
- Now Extract the ODIN file it will contain Odin3 v3.07.exe file with some supporting file.
- Now turn off your Galaxy Star S5280 .
- Now restart your Galaxy Star S5280 in debugging mode (by Using Volume Down Key and Home Key together while switching on).
- Now it will give a warning, Press Volume Down to enter debugging mode.
- Now run the ODIN file in your PC which extract earlier, Right Click Odin3 v3.07.exe file and “Run as Administrator” .
- Now connect your device to PC by using USB cable, then a pop up a message will come in ODIN saying “Added !” (see the above screenshot).
- If your Galaxy Star S5280 shows a number in yellow color on COM port which means the device is ready to be updated and rooted.
- Now Click on PDA tab in ODIN and then select CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5 (.tar.md5 extension) file
- Now please make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are checked in ODIN.
- When the above process step completed, Click to START button on ODIN.
- Now your device will start flashing , once it completed your device will restart automatically.
- Now wait for PASS message with green background in left most box on ODIN, then remove your device from USB connection.
With all the above steps, Your Galaxy Star S5280 successfully updated with XXAMF1 Jellybean 4.1.2 Official Firmware. Now enjoy your Galaxy Star S5280 with more efficiency and high performance.If you face any issue during upgradation feel free to drop comment below.
Related Posts via Taxonomies