Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 user can now upgrade their device with latest XXAMD2 Jellybean 4.1.2 official firmware . Unfortunately this official firmware released only in selected countries so you can check your inbuilt option KIES or OTA. If the upgrade is not available on KIES then don’t worry we are here to give you instruction for manual upgrade. We are using ODIN for upgrading Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 so you have to download ODIN along with firmware. The official firmware is more reliable than custom Rom, Upgrade always comes with new bug fixes. So upgrade your device with given easy instruction as given below.
Warning: “Please make sure that your device model number is Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710. Don’t try this on other model of phones it may brick your Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710. The following upgrade steps are taken from the XDA Developers forum. Although, we would like to suggest upgrade your device at your own risk .There is no responsibility of author or site in case of any bricking device.”
There are two easy and understandable parts of upgrade steps as given below:
Part One (Pre-Requisites Steps of Upgrade)
Part Two (Final Steps of Upgrade)
Please follow the step by step instruction for a successful upgrade.
Part One -(Pre-Requisites Steps of Upgrade for Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710)
First of all take backup of Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 by using the given instruction,So that if you lost any data then it can be recover easily
- Copy All the Audio,Video and Image files in the External SD card.
- For Contact and Setting please follow the users default backup options.
- For SMS & Call Log- Use Call log Entries,SMS,MMS Backup and Restore App.
- Please follow the path for APN and MMS setting “Application>Setting>Wireless and Network> Mobile Network>Access Point Names“.
Must Check the following Steps-
- To save IMEI and other important data take backup of EFS folder.
- Your device must have at-least 65% battery because it may brick your device if turned off in during of final steps of upgrade.
- Important step-Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710. (follow the options Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging)
- Now your Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 is ready to upgrade with XXAMD2 Jellybean 4.1.2 official firmware.
Download the following
1.[Firmware Download] XXAMD2 Jellybean 4.1.2 official firmware.
2. [ODIN download] Odin 3.07 on your Laptop/PC.
Part Two- (Final Steps of Upgrade for Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710)
- First of all extract the firmware zip file in your PC, you will get .tar.md5 extension.
- Now Extract the ODIN file it will contain Odin3 v3.07.exe file with some supporting file.
- Now turn off your Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 .
- Now restart your Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 in debugging mode (by Using Volume Down Key and Home Key together while switching on).
- Now it will give a warning, Press Volume Down to enter debugging mode.
- Now run the ODIN file in your PC which extract earlier, Right Click Odin3 v3.07.exe file and “Run as Administrator” .
- Now connect your device to PC by using USB cable, then a pop up a message will come in ODIN saying “Added !” (see the above screenshot).
- If your Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 shows a number in yellow color on COM port which means the device is ready to be upgraded and rooted.
- Now Click on PDA tab in ODIN and then select CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5 (.tar.md5 extension) file
- Now please make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are checked in ODIN.
- When the above process step completed, Click to START button on ODIN.
- Now your device will start flashing , once it completed your device will restart automatically.
- Now wait for PASS message with green background in left most box on ODIN, then remove your device from USB connection.
With all the above steps, Your Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 successfully upgraded with XXAMD2 Jellybean 4.1.2 official firmware. Now enjoy your Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 with more efficiency and high performance.If you face any problem during upgradation feel free to drop comment below.
Related Posts via Taxonomies