HTC EVO 4G LTE users can now update their device with CM10.1 Jellybean 4.2.2 Custom ROM. If you are looking for the updating steps then this is the right place where you can get easy instructions. CyanogenMod team always release reliable firmware which is very popular among users. Cm10.1 is released for HTC EVO 4G LTE users so you can update your HTC EVO 4G LTE for new and customized features.
Warning: “Please make sure that your device model number is HTC EVO 4G LTE . Don’t try this on other model of phones it may brick your device. The following upgrade steps are taken from the XDA Developers forum. Although, we would like to suggest upgrade your device at your own risk .There is no responsibility of author or site in case of any bricking device.”
There are two easy and understandable parts of upgrade steps as given below:
Part One (Pre-Requisites Steps of Upgrade)
Part Two (Final Steps of Upgrade)
Please follow the step by step instruction for a successful upgrade.
Part One -(Pre-Requisites Steps of Upgrade for HTC EVO 4G LTE )
First of all take backup of HTC EVO 4G LTE by using the given instruction,So that if you lost any data then it can be recover easily
- Copy All the Audio,Video and Image files in the External SD card.
- For Contact and Setting please follow the users default backup options.
- For SMS & Call Log- Use Call log Entries,SMS,MMS Backup and Restore App.
- Please follow the path for APN and MMS setting “Application>Setting>Wireless and Network> Mobile Network>Access Point Names“.
Must Check the following Steps-
- To save IMEI and other important data take backup of EFS folder.
- Your device must have at-least 65% battery because it may brick your device if turned off in during of final steps of upgrade.
- Important step-Enable USB Debugging on your HTC EVO 4G LTE . (follow the options Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging)
- Now your HTC EVO 4G LTE is ready to upgrade with CM10.1 Jellybean 4.2.2 Custom ROM.
Download the following of Android 4.3.0 (JSS15J) Google Play Edition v2.0
1.[Firmware Download] CM10.1 Jellybean 4.2.2 Custom ROM.
2. [Google Apps download] Google Apps on your Laptop/PC.
Part Two- (Final Steps of Upgrade for HTC EVO 4G LTE )
- Download the above file into PC and Please don’t extract.
- Now copy both firmware and google apps into SD card of your HTC EVO 4G LTE .
- Now turn off your HTC EVO 4G LTE .
- Now restart your HTC EVO 4G LTE in debugging mode (by Using Volume Down Key and Home Key together while switching on use Power button ).
- Now it will give a warning, Press Volume Down to enter debugging mode.
- When your HTC EVO 4G LTE in recovery please select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition“.
- Then return to the main menu and select “Install Zip from SD card” and choose firmware zip file from SD card.
- Now upload the file and apply installation.
- When installation get over do same for google apps.
- Wait till process complete of google apps.
- Now return back to recovery menu and reboot HTC EVO 4G LTE now.
- Updation process is completed.
With all the above steps, Your HTC EVO 4G LTE successfully updated with CM10.1 Jellybean 4.2.2 Custom ROM. Now enjoy your HTC EVO 4G LTE with more efficiency and high performance.If you face any issue during upgradation feel free to drop comment below.
Related Posts via Taxonomies