Hi Google Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 users, If you are crazy about latest android KitKat 4.4 update then you are at right place where you can get easy instructions. Android KitKat 4.4 is latest firmware which is released by Google. Google Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 are one of the most popular smartphones as per latest servey. So if you are really interested to update your Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 then follow the given instruction and enjoy your smartphone with latest Kitkat 4.4 firmware.
Warning: “Please make sure that your device model number is Nexus 4 or Nexus 7. Don’t try this on other model of phones it may brick your device. The following upgrade steps are taken from the XDA Developers forum. Although, we would like to suggest upgrade your device at your own risk .There is no responsibility of author or site in case of any bricking device.”
There are two easy and understandable parts of upgrade steps as given below:
Part One (Pre-Requisites Steps of Upgrade)
Part Two (Final Steps of Upgrade)
Please follow the step by step instruction for a successful upgrade.
Part One -(Pre-Requisites Steps of Upgrade for Nexus 4 and Nexus 7)
First of all take backup of Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 by using the given instruction,So that if you lost any data then it can be recover easily
- Copy All the Audio,Video and Image files in the External SD card.
- For Contact and Setting please follow the users default backup options.
- For SMS & Call Log- Use Call log Entries,SMS,MMS Backup and Restore App.
- Please follow the path for APN and MMS setting “Application>Setting>Wireless and Network> Mobile Network>Access Point Names“.
Must Check the following Steps-
- To save IMEI and other important data take backup of EFS folder.
- Your device must have at-least 65% battery because it may brick your device if turned off in during of final steps of upgrade.
- Important step-Enable USB Debugging on your Nexus 4 or Nexus 7. (follow the options Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging)
- Now your Nexus 4 or Nexus 7 is ready to upgrade with KitKat 4.4 KRT16S OTA Zip Files.
Download the following KitKat 4.4 KRT16S OTA Zip Files
1.1. [Firmware Download] Nexus 4 official Android 4.4 KRTT16S from Jelly Bean 4.3 JWR66Y zip.
1.2. [Firmware Download] 2012 Nexus 7 3G – Download the KRT16S from JWR66Y.
1.3. [Firmware Download] 2012 Nexus 7 Wi-FI KRT16S from JWR66Y.
1.4. [Firmware Download] 2013 Nexus 7 LTE – KRT16S from JLS26I .
1.5. [Firmware Download] 2013 Nexus 7 Wi-Fi – KRT16S from JSS15R.
1.6. [Firmware Download] 2013 Nexus 7 Wi-Fi – KRT16S from KRT16O
2. [Google Apps download] Google Apps on your Laptop/PC.
Part Two- (Final Steps of Upgrade for Nexus 4 or Nexus 7)
- Download the above file into PC and Please don’t extract.
- Now copy both firmware and google apps into SD card of your Nexus 4 or Nexus 7.
- Now turn off your Nexus 4 or Nexus 7 .
- Now restart your Nexus 4 or Nexus 7 in debugging mode (by Using Volume Down Key and Home Key together while switching on use Power button ).
- Now it will give a warning, Press Volume Down to enter debugging mode.
- When your Nexus 4 or Nexus 7 in recovery please select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition“.
- Then return to the main menu and select “Install Zip from SD card” and choose firmware zip file from SD card.
- Now upload the file and apply installation.
- When installation get over do same for google apps.
- Wait till process complete of google apps.
- Now return back to recovery menu and reboot Nexus 4 or Nexus 7 now.
- Updation process is completed.
With all the above steps, Your Nexus 4 or Nexus 7 successfully updated with KitKat 4.4 KRT16S OTA Zip Files. Now enjoy your Nexus 4 or Nexus 7 with more efficiency and high performance.If you face any issue during upgradation feel free to drop comment below.
Related Posts via Taxonomies