LG Optimus G users can now upgrade their device with Jellybean 4.2.2 official firmware. This firmware is released on only few countries so you can check inbuilt option KIES . If this firmware is not available in KIES option then you can choose manual upgrade process which is given below. This firmware comes with AVATAR ROM features like Bazooka Launcher, Messaging App and Boot Animation Theme,Over the air updater and many others. So if you really want to enjoy your LG Optimus G with Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware then follow the instruction given below.
Warning: “Please make sure that your device model number is LG Optimus G. Don’t try this on other model of phones it may brick your device. The following upgrade steps are taken from the XDA Developers forum. Although, we would like to suggest upgrade your device at your own risk .There is no responsibility of author or site in case of any bricking device.”
There are two easy and understandable parts of upgrade steps as given below:
Part One (Pre-Requisites Steps of Upgrade)
Part Two (Final Steps of Upgrade)
Please follow the step by step instruction for a successful upgrade.
Part One -(Pre-Requisites Steps of Upgrade for LG Optimus G)
First of all take backup of LG Optimus G by using the given instruction,So that if you lost any data then it can be recover easily
- Copy All the Audio,Video and Image files in the External SD card.
- For Contact and Setting please follow the users default backup options.
- For SMS & Call Log- Use Call log Entries,SMS,MMS Backup and Restore App.
- Please follow the path for APN and MMS setting “Application>Setting>Wireless and Network> Mobile Network>Access Point Names“.
Must Check the following Steps-
- To save IMEI and other important data take backup of EFS folder.
- Your device must have at-least 65% battery because it may brick your device if turned off in during of final steps of upgrade.
- Important step-Enable USB Debugging on your LG Optimus G. (follow the options Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging)
- Now your LG Optimus G is ready to upgrade with Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware .
Download the following
1.[Firmware Download] Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware.
2. [Google Apps download] Google Apps on your Laptop/PC.
Part Two- (Final Steps of Upgrade for LG Optimus G)
- Download the above file into PC and Please don’t extract.
- Now copy both firmware and google apps into SD card of your LG Optimus G.
- Now turn off your LG Optimus G .
- Now restart your LG Optimus G in debugging mode (by Using Volume Down Key and Home Key together while switching on use Power button ).
- Now it will give a warning, Press Volume Down to enter debugging mode.
- When your LG Optimus G in recovery please select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Then return to the main menu and select “Install Zip from SD card” and choose zip file from SD card.
- Now upload the file and apply installation.
- When installation get over do same for google apps.
- wait till process complete of google apps.
- now return back to recovery menu and reboot system now.
- Updation process is completed.
- Please try again if you stuck at boot options.
With all the above steps, Your LG Optimus G successfully upgraded with Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware. Now enjoy your LG Optimus G with more efficiency and high performance.If you face any issue during upgradation feel free to drop comment below.
Related Posts via Taxonomies