LG Optimus GT540 users can now upgrade with very popular CyanogenMod 10 custom ROM. CM10 is very suitable for LG Optimus GT540 which is developed by XDA Developers . CM10 comes with better battery life, customized features and optimize the RAM. Please make sure that this is not a official release by LG. So if you are interested in CM10 custom ROM then follow the given steps and enjoy your LG Optimus GT540 with Jellybean 4.1 CM10 Custom ROM .
Warning: “Please make sure that your device model number is LG Optimus GT540. Don’t try this on other model of phones it may brick your device. The following upgrade steps are taken from the XDA Developers forum. Although, we would like to suggest upgrade your device at your own risk .There is no responsibility of author or site in case of any bricking device.”
There are two easy and understandable parts of upgrade steps as given below:
Part One (Pre-Requisites Steps of Upgrade)
Part Two (Final Steps of Upgrade)
Please follow the step by step instruction for a successful upgrade.
Part One -(Pre-Requisites Steps of Upgrade for LG Optimus GT540)
First of all take backup of LG Optimus GT540 by using the given instruction,So that if you lost any data then it can be recover easily
- Copy All the Audio,Video and Image files in the External SD card.
- For Contact and Setting please follow the users default backup options.
- For SMS & Call Log- Use Call log Entries,SMS,MMS Backup and Restore App.
- Please follow the path for APN and MMS setting “Application>Setting>Wireless and Network> Mobile Network>Access Point Names“.
Must Check the following Steps-
- To save IMEI and other important data take backup of EFS folder.
- Your device must have at-least 65% battery because it may brick your device if turned off in during of final steps of upgrade.
- Important step-Enable USB Debugging on your LG Optimus GT540. (follow the options Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging)
- Now your LG Optimus GT540 is ready to upgrade with XXAME1 Jellybean 4.1.2 Official Firmware.
Download the following
1.[Firmware Download] Jellybean 4.1 CM10 Custom ROM .
2. [Google Apps download] Google Apps on your Laptop/PC.
Part Two- (Final Steps of Upgrade for LG Optimus GT540)
- Download the above file into PC and Please don’t extract.
- Now copy both firmware and google apps into SD card of your LG Optimus GT540.
- Now turn off your LG Optimus GT540 .
- Now restart your LG Optimus GT540 in debugging mode (by Using Volume Down Key and Home Key together while switching on use Power button ).
- Now it will give a warning, Press Volume Down to enter debugging mode.
- When your LG Optimus GT540 in recovery please select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition“.
- Then return to the main menu and select “Install Zip from SD card” and choose firmware zip file from SD card.
- Now upload the file and apply installation.
- When installation get over do same for google apps.
- Wait till process complete of google apps.
- Now return back to recovery menu and reboot LG Optimus GT540 now.
- Updation process is completed.
With all the above steps, Your LG Optimus GT540 successfully updated with Jellybean 4.1 CM10 Custom ROM. Now enjoy your LG Optimus GT540 with more efficiency and high performance.If you face any issue during upgradation feel free to drop comment below.
Related Posts via Taxonomies