T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 users i have good news for you if you are crazy about Android OS latest version. This firmware is available in selected countries so you can check firmware availablity via KIES option. If Android 4.3 firmware is not present in KIES then you can update your device manually. So follow the given steps and enjoy your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 with Android 4.3 official firmware.
Warning: “Please make sure that your device model number is T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2. Don’t try this on other model of phones it may brick your device. The following upgrade steps are taken from the XDA Developers forum. Although, we would like to suggest upgrade your device at your own risk .There is no responsibility of author or site in case of any bricking device.”
There are two easy and understandable parts of upgrade steps as given below:
Part One (Pre-Requisites Steps of Upgrade)
Part Two (Final Steps of Upgrade)
Please follow the step by step instruction for a successful upgrade.
Part One -(Pre-Requisites Steps of Upgrade for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2)
First of all take backup of T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 by using the given instruction,So that if you lost any data then it can be recover easily
- Copy All the Audio,Video and Image files in the External SD card.
- For Contact and Setting please follow the users default backup options.
- For SMS & Call Log- Use Call log Entries,SMS,MMS Backup and Restore App.
- Please follow the path for APN and MMS setting “Application>Setting>Wireless and Network> Mobile Network>Access Point Names“.
Must Check the following Steps-
- To save IMEI and other important data take backup of EFS folder.
- Your device must have at-least 65% battery because it may brick your device if turned off in during of final steps of upgrade.
- Important step-Enable USB Debugging on your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2. (follow the options Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging)
- Now your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 is ready to upgrade with Android 4.3 Official Firmware.
Download the following
1.[Firmware Download] Android 4.3 Official Firmware.
2. [Google Apps download] Google Apps on your Laptop/PC.
Part Two- (Final Steps of Upgrade for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2)
- Download the above file into PC and Please don’t extract.
- Now copy both firmware and google apps into SD card of your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2.
- Now turn off your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 .
- Now restart your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 in debugging mode (by Using Volume Down Key and Home Key together while switching on use Power button ).
- Now it will give a warning, Press Volume Down to enter debugging mode.
- When your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 in recovery please select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition“.
- Then return to the main menu and select “Install Zip from SD card” and choose firmware zip file from SD card.
- Now upload the file and apply installation.
- When installation get over do same for google apps.
- Wait till process complete of google apps.
- Now return back to recovery menu and reboot T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 now.
- Updation process is completed.
With all the above steps, Your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 successfully updated with Android 4.3 Official Firmware. Now enjoy your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 with more efficiency and high performance.If you face any issue during upgradation feel free to drop comment below.
Related Posts via Taxonomies